Web Hosting Features Upgrade
At Umbrella Host we aim to provide a quality web hosting platform and service at all times.
Following on from feedback received by our clients we are pleased to announce updated features and client account upgrades as a result. We aim to provide many more upgrades in the future, for now here is a small list:
- PHP has been upgraded to 5.3 on our Linux servers with the ability to switch to version 4 if required.
- SOAP support has been added to PHP5 allowing PHP programmers to interact with SOAP based web services.
- Ruby has been upgraded on our Linux web servers.
- Imagemagick and Ghostscript enabled and updated on all web servers.
New Updated 1-click Install Scripts
Joomla 2.5 We have updated our 1-click install of Joomla to 2.5 for version 1.7. This allows extended functionality compared to the previous version1.7 – There are many new features in Joomla 2.5 some of which are:
- Enhanced developer framework – Easier to add plugins
- Mobile enhancements
- Updated MooTools compatibility
View a full list of features in Joomla 2.5
ModX - We have added to ModX CMS to our 1-click installs. With MODX you can dominate competition with its powerful SEO features. It supports all modern web standards and integrates with existing infrastructure to give you complete control over your online presence.
Drupal 7 - Is a user-friendly and powerful content management platform (CMS) for building nearly any kind of website, from blogs and micro-sites to collaborative social communities and robust enterprise solutions. Drupal 7 is now available with Umbrella Host and installable with 1 click of a button!
Jetpack added WordPress 1-click installs - We have updated WordPress to 3.1.1 and also added Automattic’s Jetpack to all new WordPress 1-click installs. Jetpack is a bundle of the most popular WordPress plug-ins that you can add to your WordPress site in one easy install, saving you a lot of time.